- Public transportation is easily accessible from The Guesthouse Hotel. The Clark #22 bus picks up on our block all hours every day, and it drops off at many popular stops, including Wrigley Field, Lincoln Park Zoo, State Street, Michigan Avenue and the “Magnificent Mile,” Millennium Park and all other sites, shops, restaurants, and attractions in the downtown area.
- Chicago’s train system is known as the ‘L.’ The closest stop is the “Lawrence” Red Line station about 5 blocks away (10-15 minute walk) at the intersection of Lawrence and Broadway.
- The CTA has a great trip planner website: transitchicago.com. You can also purchase 1-day, 3-day, or 7-day passes for unlimited bus and ‘L’ rides.
- The Metra Ravenswood stop is about 15 minutes away at the intersection of Lawrence and Ravenswood. Metra will whisk you downtown or up to Ravinia for the famous summer music festival. For more information and schedules, visit:www.metrarail.com
- Taxis are easily hailed from our front door. A taxi to downtown will cost approximately $20 and about $40 out to the airports.
- Uber is an on-demand car service that you can use to hire a taxi cab, black car, or shared ride (UberX). Just download the Uber app to your smartphone and choose a pick up point.
- Divvy is Chicago's bike share service—and the largest bike share in North America. Rent a bike for a half-hour or for the day, there's a Divvy station always near by. The closest stations to The Guesthouse Hotel are at Clark and Leland (South of the Guesthouse) and Clark and Winnemac (North of the Guesthouse)